June 16-18, 2017
Live music, dancing, shopping + more! Downtown Streetfest takes place in the heart of Downtown Burlington from Lakeshore Rd. to Caroline St., June 16-18, 2017. Experience an eclectic mix of music along with dance performances and many other activities. Enjoy the animation and fun as the streets come alive with outdoor patios and sidewalk sales. Downtown Streetfest features five live performance areas at Pine, Elgin, Ontario, Maria and Caroline.
Friday, June 16
- Army of Sass with music provided by The Unruly Gentleman's Club • Brant & Caroline
Saturday, June 17
- Mental Floss Sideshow Presents 'Floss & Tann's Cabinet of Curiosity for the Incurably Curious.' • Brant & Caroline
- Junkyard Symphony • roving Brant between 4-6 pm
Sunday, June 18
- Poacher Ukelele Band • 2 pm to 4 pm • Brant & Caroline
- The Burlington Concert Band • 11 am to 2 pm • Brant & Caroline
- Centro Farmer's Market • 9 am - noon on Brant (outside Centro Garden)
- Fit in the Core Yoga • 10 am at Kelly's Bakeshop
Friday, June 16 from 3:30 pm to Sunday, June 18th, 6:00 pm, Brant Street, from Caroline Street to Lakeshore Road. Roads re-open at midnight.
All Weekend Long!
- Games on the Street • Jenga, Yardzee, Connect Four and Twister!
- Shakespeare Car Lot Hook-up • Upper Canada Cinema
- Sound of Music & Canada 150 Artboard
- Visual/live artist Emily Dakin will be creating live art and chalk murals all weekend long, in different locations along Brant Street
- Free giveaways at the Martin & Hillyer tent!
WHAT IS THE SHAKESPEARE CAR LOT HOOKUP?!
Ever wondered what it would feel like to be in the backseat of a car driven by Shakespeare’s most notorious cast of characters? This year at the Sound of Music, join us at the Shakespeare Car Lot Hookup for a rare opportunity to receive an intimate, confidential performance of Shakespeare’s classic work…from the backseat of a car! (Cars will be parked at all times of the performances).