Ontario St. Pod - Sunday June 16, 3:45 pm
Ontario St. Pod - Sunday June 16, 2:30 pm
Ontario St. Pod - Sunday June 16, 1:15 pm
About the Artist
Girl Pow-R. Be Powerful. Be Real.
Girl Pow-R is an all-girl pop rock band. The group consists of very talented young girls (ages 9 to 16) who sing original music, cover songs, play instruments, as well as dance! Their amazing vocals and energetic performances earned Girl Pow-R the following opportunities in the last year:
• Performed 95+ shows in the last 17 months
• A 2017 Toronto Independent Music Award Nomination
• Won First Place at a Family Channel singing competition last summer
• Live performance on Fresh Radio 95.3 in Hamilton, and in Barrie, singing Alessia Cara’s Wild Things
• Interviewed on CityTV as part of Youth Day Global 2017
• Interviewed on eTalk Canada as part of the launch of their first original song, “Krisi”
• Performed twice on YTV The Zone, singing and dancing
• Chosen to re-record the Mysticons theme song
• Launched their first music video, Krisi, with an exclusive premiere from Girls’ Life magazine/website in the US/Canada
• Launched their second original song, Stronger than Yesterday, with an exclusive premiere from Tiger Beat magazine/website in the US/Canada
• Promoted as a featured artist in J-14 magazine with an autographed t-shirt give-away between July and September in the US/Canada
• Launched their second music video for Stronger than Yesterday with an exclusive premiere from Celeb Secrets magazine/website in the US/Canada
• Launched their third original song, Fun All day, with an exclusive premiere from Stage Right Secrets website in the US/Canada
• Nominated for ‘BEST NEW GROUP’ by Niagara Music Awards out of 2500 submissions. One of only 12 acts who will perform at the Red Carpet Awards Show on Sunday, September 30th.
Girl Pow-R’s sound is rooted in Pop-Rock, with the goal of inspiring others to be their best, through their music and lyrics. Too often, young people are influenced by the thoughts and life experiences of singers and musicians who are in their late teens and their 20’s. It’s time to give young people an alternative to these messages.
In addition to a passion for music, each girl in the group also has a social cause that they represent like advocating for better education for girls all around the world, youth homelessness, or all of us taking better care of our health through the foods that we eat.